I am looking for advice on what type of stroller I should buy. My husband and I are expecting our second child and we have looked at a number of strollers. Should I get a sit and stand or a double stroller. My son will be two when I deliver this one. Any advice?

ldulong

Asked by ldulong at 8:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son was 2 also when i had my daughter, we got a side b side 3 wheel jeep stroler that i loved!!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I've got a graco duo I think it is.....I like it, and it seems to have served it's purpose with our twins.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I got a double stroller, My daughter was 2 when I had my second baby and I really liked th sit and stand but then I thought about how much I'd be using it and thought about trips and what if my 2 year old got tired? she wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably because its a sit and stand so I decided to go with the graco duo glider, I was very happy with it and my girls both slept comfortably! and sat comfortably
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• containment is the key...a double something is my vote..sometimes he is going to be asleep still~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't recommend the sit & stand.....by experience..I can tell you your baby won't be able to sleep comfortable because the front sit doesn't recline all the way to the back...besides...if your little one is sleeping on the front and your older child is on the back he/she will wake him up very easily....that happened to me many times.
    buttonbloom

Answer by buttonbloom at 9:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have a side by side jeep 3 wheeled one also.LOVE that thing.
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• what will you be using it for?
    i have had 3 different double strollers!
    i love the side by side jogger for long walks, and jogs!
    i love my kolkraft contours for shopping. with 2 infant carriers in it, i can put 4-5 days worth of groceries in the basket!
    i had boys 18 months apart, and then a few years later i had twins.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We have a Baby Trend Sit and Stand and we love it. The only issue is you have to buy the back rest for the back seat seperately. It would've been nice if it came with a removeable seat rest and canopy. Other then that we love it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• They're expensive, but my kids are 18 months apart and I LOVE our Phil & Ted. We have the vibe (found it at costco super cheap) but there are cheaper models.

It's compact and weighs about 10 lbs less than other doubles. You can arrange the 2 seats in different positions, one way so that the newborn is laying FLAT.

I spent months researching doubles before I decided to fork out the cash for this one, and it is well worth it!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010