Runners?

How often can/do you run?

What is your running level? <---- don't know if that is worded right? Like beginner etc?

I ask because I would like to run M-F.....right now I am at 2 - 15 miles at a time. But someone said that may be too much.

THANKS

pjacademy

Asked by pjacademy at 9:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i don't think that is too much at all, but i don't know what insanity is : )
    your body will let you know if it is too much, it is very important that you listen : )
    good luck, and have fun!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• is that two miles at 15 minutes a mile, or 2 runs at 15 miles each or anywhere from 2 to 15 miles a run 5 days a week?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Hee Hee clear as mud huh!!

Right now I am at 2 miles ......each 15 minutes so running a total of 30 minutes at a time.

But also doing Insanity during the day!

pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• It depends on your body and the shape you were in when you started. As long as you know the difference between 'good' pain(muscle use) and 'bad' pain(injury), and you aren't feeling any 'bad' pain, you're fine. Half an hour 5x a week shouldn't be a problem. Just follow your bodies cues. It will let you know if you're pushing too hard.

I'm a beginner. I just started running 2.5 weeks ago. I was in pretty good cardiovascular shape to begin with, so I'm already up to 4.84 miles in an hour 3x a week. This week I'm trying for 4.84x3 and 2.5x2.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am overweight but when I cool down it doesn't take long to get my heart rate down to normal :) I don't have any pain during or the day after running!

I started the couch to 5k 4 weeks ago!! I could barely run for 60 seconds and last night ran 1/2 mile!!! YAY progress.

Insanity is a crazy workout video.....it is similar to P90x. Google it if you are looking to spice up your workout1!!!
    pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am not running right now... l stopped when I started doing Insanity. I wanted to fully concentrate on completing the program to the best of my ability and knew that if I was still running as well as trying to kill it on Insanity that I would not do my "best" during the workout. I am 2 weeks from finishing Insanity... Fit test and Max Interval tomorrow! Yippeeeee! I actually am enjoying month 2 more than the first month...and I LOVE the Recovery this time around.
    I am going to begin 10K training once the next 2 weeks are over, then we plan on doing P90X. When that is finished we plan on beginning marathon training.
    Right now, I can run up to 4 miles...around 12 minutes per mile or so...it depends on my mood.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• mcginnisc.....you are my hero!!!!! Doing my first 5k in October!!!
    pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• pjacademy-

I'm doing my first 5K in October as well! Dh signed me up for it! We were going to do one Labor day weekend, but we didn't have anyone to watch the kids. My mom is going to come up from FL to watch them for us in October. Dh wants to run the marathon at DW so that is why we are going to start marathon training. Eek!
    He did c25K but I hated it. Then, he started doing Interval training for running on the treadmill and I fell in love with the program. It was 9 weeks long and during it we went to Florida so I ran on the street instead. It was easy for me to get "caught up" in just being "kid-less" and in my own little world so my running improved drastically. It's a lot easier when I don't have to concentrate on my 4 1/2 yr old and 23.5 month old and just get lost in the run.
    I'm sure my legs will be dead by the time all the power jumps are over though! LOL ( I may not be able to run again! )
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• How does interval training differ from the cto5k?

Are you by chance in IL? Just wondered if we were doing the same 5k :)
    pjacademy

Comment by pjacademy (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• OK, what is Insanity?

As for the question, I think you should find a running website that tells you how much to increase your mileage each day/week/whatever - there is a certain percentage you should add. And you should go for less than that if youare also increasing your speed.

Good luck and welcome to running! I love it! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010