Have you ever had an abnormal pap?

If you did, what was the outcome?
Did it return to normal on it's own, or did you have to go for further treatment?

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 9:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• 2 abnormals, had a cone biopsy, and then had to have the surface i dont know lasered off or something. was not pleasant and was a long time ago. i dont like trying ot remember it. was scary
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I did for almost 8 years. I had colposcopies and wait and see. We just watched it to make sure it didn't progress. I had paps every 3 months for those 8 yrs. My doc didn't want to do too much to try to remove it since that could cause me to have to have a cerclage when pregnant. Mine would go away during pregnancy then come back after (which is the opposite of normal). I finally got 3 clear ones in a row.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yep, they found out I have Type 87 HPV. They do not, or did not know at the time what type 87 does. It never caused any herpes or any visual deformities, but Idk yet if it will caused cervical cancer or not like some HPV types do. My Gyno kept me on probaby 13 different types of herbal supplements and vitamins and within a year it was gone. Well, she explained that HPV goes into remission and shouldnt resurface or become contagious.

stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 9:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes 2 in the last year. I had to have a bisopsy. Not fun.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had an abnormal pap in 2004. I had a colposcopy, and that result was fine. All of my paps thereafter have been fine, except my last one I had some cervical inflamation, so they had to do another one to check for cause, but that's not the same as abnormal. So no treatment necessary for the abnormal. Sometimes it just happens.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I had one at my 6 week follow up after child birth. He did another one a few months later and it was fine.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2010