how did you feel the day you went into labor

I did a lot of walking yesterday and today I am in pain I've been having these dull aches in my back and my tummy gets real hard but I don't have bad pains like u would expect a contraction to feel like. Could this be labor or did I over do it yesterday with walking?

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would have a good tall glass of water and sit down and relax for a bit. it might just be dehydration and overdoing things. see if it settles down after a bit , if not start timing the "pains"

the day i went in to labor with my last child i woke up with bad back ache pains. which was back labor apparently . i had a dr appointment that morning at 10am and when i went in she said " youa re in labor and 3 cm dialated" LOL i didnt even really realize.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My back hurt! I was trying to make our bed and I could not bend over to put the sheets on. I also tried to get a pan out of the oven for dinner and could not bend over at all. This was my first child, so I had no idea what was up. That night was the first night of our baby birth classes, well, I did not make it through the class. The nurse teaching the class said I was in labor, heavy labor. I just knew I was hungry, and pissed off because my house was a mess. I was only in month 7, so it was a surprise. I was put on complete bed rest with no sheets, and my dd who was to be here in late February, only made it to mid January. My second child took 5 days of labor before he made his debut at month 7, too. My labor was always in my lower back. Never anything up front, just really bad back pain. I don't know that this helps.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• it wasn't until my 5th child that i had labor pains that were obviously labor.
    that tight belly was all i got for 3 of my kids! nothing painful at all. are your tightenings timeable?
    if you drink a lot of water and lay down and they don't go away, then it is likely that you are in labor. are you close to your due date?
    you should keep your dr. updated, and us too if you can!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• yep... that sounds like what it was for me... i never even knew it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm 38 weeks and 3 days I have been drinking water most of the day and when I lay sown it seems worst
    jfrancis91680

Comment by jfrancis91680 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You'll know you're in labor by timing the stomach pains and looking to see if you have any "bloody show." Even if your water doesn't break (and the doctor has to break it), you'll always see the bloody show. Also, your OB/GYN should have told you how far dilated you are. I went home, while in labor, on a bus from my girlfriend's house. After I arrived home, I took a shower, curled my hair, put on makeup, got my camera and hospital bag and called one of my emergency hospital drivers. I didn't deliver until 4-6 hours later. Good luck and best wishes.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2010