How would u feel?

My s/o and I share a birthday, he's older by 5 yrs. Our birthday is fast approaching, like a week away. Anyhow last year I didn't get anything from him, he got stuff from me and the kids. Well I'm almost positive this year will be the same, but I'm at a toss up as to weather or not to get him anything. I know it should be about giving, but I'm also like why bother if he won't even take the time to get me something for our b-day. I don't want to seem like a witch but I also feel like it should be 50/50. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• i agree it should be 5050 maybe ask him about it too
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• If it was me I would not get him anything. Let him see how it feels.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• why dont you TALK to him about it? maybe say honey, this year we should get something for the both of us TOGETHER or go out to eat to celebrate our birthdays together. ya know? men at obtuse
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:30 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think you should get him a gift because you love him. Then throw around HUGE hints about what you'd like to receive as well.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• This cycle needs to be stopped this year! Cause this one can go off the charts if it keeps happening every year like this. Forget the gift. Sit down with him and offer a different suggestion to celebrate the day for both of you. How bout a day at the outlet malls, where you each have a clear understanding that each one gets to pick something out for their b-day. How bout a nice romantic dinner at your favortie restaurant? I love Claim Jumpers, dont know if you have one by you. This can be a differnt theme every year,, but the two of you need to formulate a plan that celebrates both of you at the same time. Kids involved,,,,thats great too. I hope you have a wonderful birthday hon, you soooo deserve it!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• That is Cool that you & your husband share a BD- but, Not Cool for you not to feel Special too! I hope that you are wrong & your husband finds a way to make your day Happy!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• We don't give material gifts. SO and I give sex. We do what we know the other likes on their special day. That way no one is disappointed and no one has asked for an exchange or a refund!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My husband's love languages are not gifts but mine is, and they mean a lot to me. I havr to tell my hubby what I want or be surprised.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well get him something you both would enjoy. If he doesnt get you anything, keep it as a b-day present to yourself. If he does get you something, then give it to him. If he asks why you didnt get him anything, ask where your present is, I think he will get the hint.
    LizzieAnnesMom

Answer by LizzieAnnesMom at 2:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010