Do you take a sleeping pill every night and what kind?

I've tried ambien looking to see what else is out there

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used to take Tylenol PM. That helped a lot. I would not do that EVERY night though.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am allowed one 10mg Ambien. I don't like the spaced out zone that the med leaves behind. I find taking a 50mg phenergan lets me sleep without the zombie effect. I have learned to sleep when my body allows it and if that means I am awake a lot, so be it. I don't have to work (retired) so I can catch up on sleep when I need to. Hope this helps.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• No but i need too
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i cant take anything. nothing really works for me anyways. and perscription meds have adverse affects. with ambien i slept ate, drove, and did all sorts of weird stuff in my SLEEP
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no..i dont think i would ever do that..i like being awake
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I used to. I took benadryl to sleep. It was the same thing as the OTC sleeping aids, same main ingredient and everything, but cheaper.
    Then, I got a little bit hooked and was taking 20-25 a night and if I ran out or didn't have any or just tried not taking them, I would go 2-3 full days and nights without sleeping a wink, just didn't get tired.
    Luckily, this was way before Kyra came along. :-)
    If you go for something like a sleep aid, while they aren't usually addictive like that, it does happen. You will need to be careful and don't rely on it every night. And NEVER take more than the recommended dose. If you do, you'll just keep needing more and more and before you know it, 20 of them hardly make you sleepy.
    Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Xyrem. Its the equivalent of the date rape drug and its to help me get into stages 3 and 4 of sleep for narcolepsy.

ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Have you tried taking Melatonin? My hubby took it a few times and it helped him get his sleep schedule back in order. It occurs naturally in your body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• do you know why yoy aren't sleeping? i use self hypnosis when i am really stressed. it works like a charm!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Hell no. I am tired by about 10:30 and have no problem sleeping. Ambien makes people eat and walk in their sleep, I thought.
    I would never take a pill ....too many side effects. Just get lots of exercise during the day and you won't have trouble sleeping.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010