Was your mom a good mom?

Mine was. She was amazing. She was abused really bad her entire childhood, and somehow she turned that sound and became the best mom I've ever known. Everyone always tells me, even other mothers, how my mom was the BEST mom. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, she was a great mom. She was also abused as a kid. When I was a child, I didn't think she was all that great, she was a little paranoid about some things. But, once I got older and found out about her abuse, I realized she was a great mom. She rose above it and kept going. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no, unfortunately, not. the list of abuses I dealt with at the hands of that woman is to deep to force a bunch of online strangers to read.

I like to say at least i learned at an early age what not to do.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yeah, my mom was a good mom. She wasn't perfect, but we always knew that she was there for us no matter what.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• NO she was a neglecting crackheaded prostitute even after she cleaned her life up and "got save" she was crule woman, not to my siblings tho, just to me!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes, my mom is great :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• thats awesome. my mom tried hard, meant well. but never loved me. and we both knew she didnt.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes! That's why we can be friends now!
    kodamom

Answer by kodamom at 9:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Sadly no. She was selfish and mean, abusive and disrespectful. She was on drugs and wasn't there when I needed her the most. She has grown up some but I am still the adult in the relationship. We are close as long as we are far apart.
    luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 9:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I guess she was decent when she was around...
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• She is a great mom now that I am older and she doesn't have to find things to occupy me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010