My lack of sex drive is wrecking us!! Please help!

Ever since becoming pregnant with DS who is now 4 months old I have had NO sex drive at all. I am worried this is killing my relationship with SO because I am NEVER in the mood. Any tips, ideas or words of wisdom>>

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 9:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Health

• Just do it. But he needs to understand you won't do it all the time whenever he wants.....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• are you breastfeeding?? because that's a normal side effect/
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• xscream from slumber parties gets you in the mood:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have the same issue right now. By the time i am done with work and then get the twins to bed, I am wore out. Not to mention that the fact that I have put on so much weight since the twins that I feel totally repulsive. But I put on my best pretend for him sometimes becasue it is my wifely duty. I could win an oscar somethimes lol.
    TeamBecker

Answer by TeamBecker at 10:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• LibidoMax. You can get it from Wal-Mart. It helped me out so much. Now DH has a hard time keeping up with me! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you just need to do it, literally. i have had the same issues. for me, it's hard because every day i am devoting all of my time to caring for my little one and when i finally have time for myself, i don't want to be bothered. it started putting a strain on our relationship, as well. i just sucked it up for the good of our relationship. my husband was happy with any effort - even though it wasn't much. i love him and want him to be happy, so i put in a little effort for us.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Are you maybe suffering a little from depression. That can affect your sex drive- I think you need to make time to really have a date night. It can even be after all the kids go to bed...take a small nap to rest up if you need to.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 11:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes I am breastfeeding, I have tried the "suck it up and do it" technique a few times but man it sucked lol just a year ago i was a sex fean now i don't want it. =(
    staciaw

Comment by staciaw (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010