Can your parents MAKE you get an abortion if you are 16?

LisaIsExpecting

Asked by LisaIsExpecting at 9:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no they cant your over 14 thats your right. if you decide to keep your baby and your parents take you to the clinic they are qonna ask you do you want to get rid of it if you say no they will tell your parents they cant do it
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 9:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• no
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• but they can kick you out
    mommy_of_two388

• No they cannot!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Nope.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i hope not...nobody should ever have the right to make you do that at any age...but it is true that they can kick you out.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Most states no. Just like they can't stop you from aborting. All women regardless of age has complete say on her reproductives choices. Great example, my sister had a bisopsy done. My mom called for the results and they would not give them out to her. They could only give them to my sister. My sister was only 13 at the time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• go to apcdenver.org
    There are a lot of resources there for help!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My daughter was a victim of date rape at age 15 and got pregnant. We don't believe in abortion, so adoption was our answer. The adoption process is long and not easy, but my 'grand child' is in a loving family and my daughter got into the college of her dreams. Parents only want what is best for you and the baby. It may not seem like it, but they are. My daughter had already had her plans for a career, and a baby did not fit in the picture. My dd also said if I kept the baby, I would not see her again, ever. I could not lose my baby for another baby. Not an easy choice for any family. I wish you all the luck in the world. What does the baby's father think about the situation? If you need to talk, I can tell you about how it was handled in our family. Another thought is that you can become an emancipated minor, and then your parents have nothing to do with any choices you make. Good luck, G-d Bless.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 9:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010