• In the Spotlight:

Would you rather...

Be a sahm/homemaker or have a job outisde the home?

I love being a sahm. But looking forward to going back into the craziness of working outside my house. I've been home with my son since he's been born. My husband is a corrections officer @ a max security prison & in the national guard. So we were able to work it out all this time. Now I'm ready for my son to go to school & have a job again & get some kind of social life. It slows down alot when you are a sahm, but I've loved every min. of it. Kids grow so quick, us mom have to cherish every moment with our babies :)

mom_to_a_angel

Asked by mom_to_a_angel at 9:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Outside:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A sahm! I am one, and I love it! I find it so fun and rewarding, and love being able to see every moment of my son's life as he's young. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'd like to be both, and that's what I'm going to be shooting for next month when I look for part time work. I want to be home with Kyra, but I also want to work. So I figure a job where I go only while she's in school will be just the thing. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I rather would have stayed at home when my kids where little. It is a pain you cant imagine, leaving your babies with a sitter. But, my marriage fell apart after 12 yrs and I am so thankful now that I have my same job. I dont know where we would be if I didnt have my job. So greatful for all the blessings my kids and I have been given over the past 7 yrs of making it on our own
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I can't wait until my husband is done with school so I can be the SAHM I have always wanted to be.
    TeamBecker

Answer by TeamBecker at 10:01 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I got to be a SAHM by default. I had cancer at age 39, and was not expected to survive. So, at age 40 with tons of work behind me, I retired. I was not a SAHM with my daughter, but was with my son. If I could have done it all over again, I would loved to have been a SAHM because I was also a single Mom. Good luck on your choice. If you can make it on just your husbands wages, then do it. You will not regret it.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would rather be a SAHM, but wouldn't mind making my own money.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I currently work outside the home and would love to switch off with my husband for a while and be a stay at home parent. It would be great to be able to take advantage of all the weekday activities in my community.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and LOVE it but also miss my working days. I'm hoping to get a job in the next year or so, something part time.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm going to be looking for something while he's at school. My husband works 3rd shift, so I will be at work while my sons in school & my husband gets his sleep. Then I will get home when everyones there. Or I'm really hoping it works out that way. If not, I will be happy with something part time. My husband makes decent enough $, but I would like to have that little extra for the side.
    mom_to_a_angel

Comment by mom_to_a_angel (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010