do they really not do anything if you break a toe

does a dr not do anything if u break one of ur toes? i kicked my SO weights HARD and woke up this morning from the pain in two of my toes...

ugh it hurts soo bad

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As far as I know.... your right...they don't do a thing for a broken toe.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:04 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Yes they can give you a walking boot. It takes the pressure off of the broken bone and allows it to heal.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Nope, just give you some pain killers if it's really bad. If it's bent out of shape, they'll snap it back, though. No cast or splint or anything though.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• They usually tape the toes together with a non broken toe give you Tylenol for pain. I broke my pinkie toe and they just wrapped it up to the next toe over. I hope this helps.l

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Depending on how it was broken there isn't much a doctor can do. My DH broke his toe a while ago and we waited like 5 hours for them to do and xray and tape his two toes together. I would say invest in some tape and gauze from the store and take care of it yourself. Use the gauze on the outside of your toes and then wrap tightly in tape, but not so tight that your toes start to tingle or turn any new colors.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• theres nothing they really can do 4 a broken toe...but give u pain meds an send u on ur way!!
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I broke my right big toe twice with in 4 months last year. Dr. did a "buddy tape" on it, meaning he had the broken toe taped together with the next toe, and sent me home with a prescription for vicodin.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• They probally let it heal up by it self
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010