Would you be offended??? Or am I overreacting?

I am in a long term relationship, and my sister is getting married in three weeks to a guy my boyfriend knows pretty well through family events. I am my sisters MOH and our DD is flower girl. My BF was invited to the wedding and asked to do music. First off, my sister expects me to throw her a bridal shower and batchelorette party. I've planned the shower and asked her friends to throw her the party. My sisters fiance's friend is throwing the batchelor party and my BF wasn't invited.. intentionally or not, I don't know. Either way I brought it up to my sis three weeks ago and she said she would make sure her fiance knew so he could get invited. He still hasn't been. I mentioned it to my mom and she brought it up again to my sis who freaked and and said it isn't up to her, which I realize, but seriously? I am incredibly hurt my BF wasn't invited and my sister is so rude about it. I told my sister I don't want to go (CONT)

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm with you on this one

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• maybe he dont want him there in fear that he might tell them if something goes down that dont suppose to be going down ............you get me
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would be hurt and offended by that as well! If your BF is doing the music, he is a vital part of the wedding and should be invited to the bachelor party. Hopefully they come around
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• NO DONT GO THAT ISNT FAIR DONT EVEN THROW HER THE PARTY.THATS A FAMILY EVENT SHE CANT EXPECT YOU TO THROW HER SOMETHING & PAY YOUR WAY THE WHOLE TIME AND YOUR BOYFRIEND CANT COME.YOU SHOULD STAY HOME AND WORRY ABOUT MOVING SHE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS SO WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT HERS
    Soon2bemom16

Answer by Soon2bemom16 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i would definitely be offended.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I agree that is not cool, but please don't let something like this make you not want to attend you sisters wedding. It's not going to be that big of a deal later on down the road and if you and your sister fight and you end up not wanting to attend her wedding that would be much worse later on. She is probably very stressed out right now she is going to be getting married every bride gets that way... (bridezilla). I wouldn't let it get so mad that you all end up fighting right before this wedding.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i am with 1lovelyangel on this 1...theres got to be a reason he doesnt want your bf there...he is probably afraid he will be a rat and come report everything back to you and you will tell your sis
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would be offended. Come on, what is another guy at a bachelor party? Since you and your dd are members of the wedding party, inviting your BF should be on top of the list. As angry as this makes me, personally, and probably makes your BF mad, too, but go 7 hours to a wedding on top of moving too, this seems like a small thing to do for all the work you are putting in on this wedding.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:11 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• just tell her your bf isnt going to do the music..that you don't want him to
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• (CONT) her party now because of the way she is not only acting about it, but also because of the fact that my BF was completely left out, but still exepcted to go to the wedding and spend a great deal of money (it is 7 hours away from where we live, and we have to pay for a place to stay AND we are moving two weeks before the wedding).
    FatGirl239

Comment by FatGirl239 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010