Hello, just a question. :)

So, I'm 17 weeks and I'm not sure what to be looking for as for kicking movements...Anybody want to help me out here? Send me some feedback, when will I really start to feel the baby kick!

Thanks,
Chelsea.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm 16 wks and I have been told a bunch of things. The doctor said its different for everyone. But it will feel almost like bubbles. She said it would be more obvious at about 20 wks. I'm pretty small so I feel like its easier for me to feel it. I have been so anxious to feel it that its crazy. Since we are close to the same point in our pregnancies feel free to email me updates and things. Its my first so I am new at this. I'd love to have a person in the same boat as me, so to speak.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 4:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• anytime now
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It really depends! According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting" it could be anywhere from 14 to 26 weeks! I noticed movement sooner with my subsequent prenancies than with my first. Also, I have heard that if you are heavier it will be harder to feel movement.

At first, the movements almost feel like gas (as embarassing as that is) but then they are more obvious when the baby gets bigger.

Good luck to you!
    3Elizabeth

Answer by 3Elizabeth at 4:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• The first movements won't feel like kicks at all, more like flutters or getting butterflies in your stomach. As the baby gets bigger you will know a kick when you feel it NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! It will feel like nothing you've ever felt before and it will be super exciting! I'm preg w/ baby no.5 and I felt movements at different times with all my boys. The first one at 12 weeks! the second not til 20 Wks.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Everyone told me it was like butterflies in your stomach, but for me, it felt more like gas bubbles. Like the rumbling you get when you have to GO to the bathroom! Fooled me at first! I didn't feel my son kick until between 21-22 weeks.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am 24 weeks and I have just really started to feel more kicks and even see the kicks. My uterean muscles are so tight, the doctor has even mentioned how tight they are so it is harder for me to feel the kicks. I had the bubbles in my belly in the beginning. Just give it some time.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 4:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• anytime .. usually happens around 15 weeks but some after that .. just depends if it is your first and your body type ya know ....
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I felt my baby at 15 weeks while taking a bath. I was relaxed and he moved. It felt like the flutter of a butterfly kiss! In total pregnancy fashion, I started bawling! LOL! It was the best and most memorable moment in pregnancy to me. Its amazing and really sends a dose of reality home! I'm excited for you! I remember the first time I felt him move while I was moving too! I was at work and walking around and my belly jumped a little. I laughed and poked back at him and he did it again! It was one of our first interactions! I think I was after 20 weeks then. It was never ending from there! It'll only get better from there! No matter how uncomfortable you will be, it will still be a neat experience. I remember missing the feel of him kicking after I had him! Good luck and best wishes!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• what is a subsequent pregnancy???
    Anonymous

• You will really feel the baby kick when you are dog tired and go to lay down. It will happen just as you are about to drift off to sleep. Ok seriously the first movement are flutters. Good strong kicks will probably come closer to 22-25 weeks. When baby is bigger and running out of room. The fun movements are hiccups. You can sit and watch your belly pop with each one. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008