S.I.M.P.L.E salad dressing

i need a simple easy salad dressing that has everyday normal house ingredients on it. I have distlled vinegar, olive oil, lemon, salt , pepper, regular yellow mustard. (i found a recipe that asks for dijon mustard which i dont have, and im not sure putting regular yellow mustard will help..i dont have much more i can add to the dressing.. any help is appreciated. thanks!

steph0411

Asked by steph0411 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well, since you don't have any other options, really...I'd throw everything together, minus the mustard, and try it. It'll be like a lemon oil and vinegar. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• add some honey to that, and you've got honey mustard.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Lemon Vinaigrette:
    Juice one lemon into container, straining the seeds. Add about 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Shake well to combine. This is good on salads, but equally good on steamed vegetables for side dishes.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• soy sauce, oil, sugar, garlic
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• ignore me if i'm totally off beat here (as is a normality in my life) but 1000 Island dressing is really cheap & simple

1 Cup Mayo
    1/2 Cup Ketchup
    1/2 Cup Buttermilk

Mix them up really well and let stand in fridge for 24 hours then it's good to go! & yummy!
    {you can add relish if you like the taste as well!}
    cassieerin

Answer by cassieerin at 10:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2010