Are you pro-choice or pro-life and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• pro-choice anti-abortion
    I believe that a woman should choose what to do with her body but I believe that abortion shouldn't be used as a BC. I think it should happen on;y for certain reason, not just because the woman didnt use BC
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-LIFE!!! I know this might be harsh, but your mother chose life. so why cant you. no matter what your situation, you can be pro life and give the baby to people who can not have there own children. there are ton of options. just my opinion no bashing just answering the question!!!!!
    mommylee21

Answer by mommylee21 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am pro life. I am a living and breathing human who was almost aborted. My mom was afraid and just a kid when she got pregnant with me. She ultimately could not got through with it and kept me. She was not always the best mother and I had a very hard childhood due to her very poor choices. I was abused, beaten and raped at 9 years old. I suvived it all and have a great life now. My mom should have placed me for adoption so my childhood would have been better but I would never say I should have been killed to avoid all I went through. I am who I am today because of my bad and good life experiences. My son would not be here had my mom aborted me and he is such a great kid and has touched so many. I see abortion as destruction of life and could never think it was right.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• pro life, because I believe life begins at conception, with the exception to the Hyde ammendment.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro choice, but I would try to talk a friend into adoption instead of abortion.

I've worked with women most of my nursing career, including maternity and Labor/Delivery. I've seen everything, from a mom trying to decide which twin to keep and which to give up, to children having babies and women with psychiatric disorders who harm their kids. I worked with a teenager who buried the baby, so no one would find out. I have a co-worker who had an abortion at age 48, the year her only son graduated from college....some people could start again, and she just couldn't. Really, there are so many aspects of the decision, I believe each person needs to decide for herself.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-choice, but personally anti-abortion.
    I believe that a child can begin BEFORE conception even happens...but as far as the LAW goes, a child should not have more rights than a citizen does;
    If a pregnant woman comes to this country illegally and gets deported after giving birth...the child is a citizen and can stay. If the pregnant woman comes to the US and leaves BEFORE the child is born, he/she is not afforded the rights of a citizen...therefore, the law does NOT consider a child a citizen before they are physically BORN.
    I don't believe they should have legal representation until they are an independent body; otherwise there are TOO many gray areas and too much judgment to be made. If we did pass those judgments, then we'd have to outlaw smoking while pregnant, eating unhealthy when pregnant etc... (though it may sound nice, we enter Stalin territory)
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• pro-choice and anti coat hanger abortions and I couldn't have described my feelings better than boomamma did.
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-life because I look at my dd, whom my mom tried convincing me to abort, and I thank God every day that I didn't listen to her. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but my mind just can't justify killing such a blessing. If a baby isn't a blessing to the mother, they can be a blessing to someone else's life.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Pro-choice because its all about choice and women taking this control.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• "no matter what your situation, you can be pro life and give the baby to people who can not have there own children. there are ton of options."

while it must be nice to think that there are always options other than abortion, sometimes there aren't.. that yes there are situations that deem an abortion may be necessary..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010