Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

My 3 year old swallowed!!!

Okay so aside from being irate with my husband.,.. he left his tobacco chew spit bottle sitting down and my 3 year old took a drink of it thinking it was pop!!!! She swallowed only a little and was spitting it out like crazy in the sink. We washed her mouth and brushed teeth.- Will this hurt her?
I am sooooooo MAD at my husband!!!!!!

 
hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 10:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 18 (6,309 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • I'd call poison control right away, they'll tell you signs to watch for, and if there's anything you can do as early intervention, they'll direct you with that too. Then when you know she's ok, kill hubby.
    AshleyBDG

    Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • just keep an eye on her and look for signs of her acting funny
    give her lots f water
    once she starts acting funny call posion control
    tell hubby to put that shit higher
    mommy_of_two388

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • I would call the Dr. on that one.
    Cochise

    Answer by Cochise at 10:48 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • yup. Poison control is your friend. you don't have to give them any information.
    lovinangels

    Answer by lovinangels at 10:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Symptoms

    * Vomiting and nausea, diarrhea
    * Headaches
    * Difficulty breathing
    * Pallor
    * Sweating
    * Palpitations
    * Lisps
    * Stomach pains/cramps
    * Seizures
    * Weakness
    * Drooling
    Cochise

    Answer by Cochise at 10:51 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • That can be really dangerous to a little body!! It can cause BAD poisoning, you should call the doctor right away!!!!! Good Luck!!!
    Truluv4ever

    Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Here's a link for symptoms of nicotine poisoning:

    http://www.calpoison.org/hcp/2005/callusvol3no2.html
    CAMKsMom

    Answer by CAMKsMom at 10:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • Watch her, and if she needs to vomit, I would encourage it.. Poor baby.
    txdaniella

    Answer by txdaniella at 11:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

  • It wouldn't hurt to give poison control a call. I am sure she is fine though, but it may make you feel better. :)
    buzymamaof3

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

  • I would call poison control before calling a doctor. Hope your baby's okay! I would be sooo irritated with my husband!
    poptart0325

    Answer by poptart0325 at 9:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN