did you baby have an allergic reaction to gripe water?

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 10:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't try it on my babies but this is what I found online:
    Some people may find that they are allergic to the herbal extracts found in gripe water formula. Chamomile is a common component of gripe water that can cause an allergic reaction in the form of skin rashes and upset stomach, states The National Institutes for Health. These reactions are amplified in small infants, causing severe allergic reactions that can lead to severe throat swelling and difficulty breathing.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/153182-what-are-the-side-effects-of-gripe-water/#ixzz0u5qtgCce
    ellagrace

Answer by ellagrace at 10:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• we used stuff called colic ease for most of our babies (it had dill in it). we did not order it for the last. in the end i realized that all babies have immature digestive systems. they should drink breast milk, and the mom should eat well. babies cry, this is what they do. babies feel pain with gas sometimes, such is life. God wants our babies to drink our milk, and that is it : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I use it for my daughter when she has gas (she gets it bad) and she does not have a reaction to it.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010