moving..and we were told there's alot of black widows in the community?

how do i keep them out of my house?! i know nothing about spiders, and i'm really concerned..we signed papers today, and absolutely love the house...it's not a house problem..its the entire subdivision that's having issues with them..suggestions?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 11:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• regular/frequent extermination??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• that's what i'm thinking..just bombing the entire house every few weeks or something...but i'm hoping that someone can tell me for sure.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• spray...call a professional if you can afford it and congratulations....look, they get anywhere...My son spotted one on the back of our car door...when I opened it up to put our groceries in, he saw it in the corner...so I got a stick and killed it...imagine that...in my car...so call a professional to treat your house for 3 months at a time...good luck....
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would suggest contacting a professional and get their input... you will most likely have to have regular spraying done....
    Congrats! on the house and good luck with the spiders...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would get professional pest control. They will come out on a regular basis, do inspections and spray. Call around for quotes and ask people who they use and if they recommend them. We have a very good pest control company and it's not one of the 'name brand' companies. They charge less than half the price of the big companies and do a great job.

Congrats on the new house!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010