Has anyone tried the virtual academy for their kids?

I am trying it this 2010- 2011 school year.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes we did ohio virtual academy last yr and continuing this yr we had success with it
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would check the Homeschool groups under the topic curriculums. I was wondering the same thing- I see a lot of great possibilities but I dont really want to deal with a teacher everyday.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 11:44 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I tried it one year, 2 years ago, and it was awful. It's too restrictive and rigid. We made it through the school year but then decided to homeschool on our own and it's been much better. We can do what we want, based on my kids' learning styles. Every kid is different and they all learn at their own pace, and with the cyber school, it's just like public school, they are forced into the same learning style and pace as everyone else.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• with our school we only have to check in with the teacher once every 8 week he has to be on an online class once a week but I know all are different
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010