What do you think of a bride wearing red?

I am gostly white and I have a 1-year-old girl. I want to wear dark red for my wedding dress but my mother and father say that that means I am a whore... Honestly, I want your first response answers. thanks sooo much that means a lot to me if you would respond. :)

Alicia10-2-08

Asked by Alicia10-2-08 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well I'm a little offended that your parents think I'm a whore actually. ;-) I caught a lot of flak for wearing a red dress but that was almost 10 years ago in a small town.

That dress is beautiful and there are lots of brides wearing red nowadays. It doesn't mean you're a whore or anything close. One of my friends wore a red dress and she's a missionary, hardly a whore! I wasn't a virgin when I got married but my hubby was my first and only, he was my first kiss too.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well anyone can do whatever they want these days... I wouldn't wear red on my wedding day though.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• A bride should wear what she wants to wear and feels most comfortable in.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• you can wear anything you want..however, if you're really pale, the darker the bold color, the paler you'll look. IMO
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• In some cultures it's the norm... Obviously here in the US it's not. But so what? As a wedding planner I strive to give each of my couples the wedding of their dreams, if that means a bride wears red, green, black or purple that's what we do! I wanted to wear black... My mother refused to let it happen... I'm still regretting 90% of the wedding we had! Do what works for you and screw what anyone else says! I actually knew a woman in the 80's that wore red... It was quite beautiful...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Beautiful,creative and so original!
    It's 2010,ppl should be more open to a bride wearing different colors.
    Have beautiful day!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 11:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• honestly I think it's your wedding - wear what you want. What about a white dress with the burgundy trim?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i believe red is the color for wedding dresses in india.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• i agree that darker colors on really light skin just bring out how pale that person is.

wear what you want though its your day. and if ur parents think a certain garment determines if youre a whore or not.. thats ridiculous
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think it's awesome! But honestly due to how different generations.. well.. differ, I wouldn't be surprised if my folks thought that meant I was a whore either. While this is YOUR big day, you will have to take their opinions into consideration, because, unfortunately, how they feel will affect how you feel and how much you enjoy your wedding day.

Congratulations!!! I hope it is wonderful whatever you choose to wear :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010