Would you have said something?

I stopped to get gas, and all these high school kids are there for lunch. These two teen girls are arguing about something. It escalates, one pushes the other and I get shoved a bit in the process. I'm annoyed, because one of the girl's mom works there and is watching the whole thing, because I get shoved, because my babies are in the car, and because of the silliness of it all. They were fighting over nothing. It makes me glad I have boys, teen girls seem like a handful of bitchiness.

I wanted to tell them to settle down, and to make the shover aknowledge that she shoved me when she pushed the other girl. Would any of you have spoken up? I'm not the confrontinal type, but now wished I had. Kids need to learn respect, and shoving and fighting like that in a store is ridiculous.

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 4:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i would have said something, but im 20 so idk if that makes a difference, but i would have been like excuse me but you pushed me and if she blew me off i would have told the mother how disrespectful and rude her daughter was!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 4:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would have said something, too.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I too would have said something. Not only to teach my kids that it's not ok but to ensure those teens (and no they wouldn't have listened) that there is more there than them. I would have also said to her mom "Wow, your daughter and that other girl sure are into it, they didn't even know they pushed me". Nice yet makes a point.
    kelleymagee

Answer by kelleymagee at 5:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would have said something like, "excuse me...if you're going to be dumb, go do it over there..." Especially with kids in the car! But I have a very short temper when stupidity is involved and with teenagers, that seems to be a pre requisite. You did what you felt was right, therefore, that was the right answer.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think I would have simply said excuse me... at least that would have made her aware that she had done it and if she had said something rude to you then it's the mother's responsibility to saay something to her daughter. If she didn't then you have the right to call the police or at least threaten to because whether they think so or not, they are commiting acts of violence in public. Granted it may not come to that, but I would have threatened it. But then I've gotten mean in my old age and there's not much I will put up with from children, I don't care how old they are. Parents need to teach their children to respect others!
    hottiemommy2002

Answer by hottiemommy2002 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would have said something. But I still look like I am in high school, lol. if her mother isn't going to say anything I think someone still should.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• if it was just me, i wouldnt of said anything, if my daughter was with me i would have to show her you dont let ppl act that way..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I usually wouldn't ,but since I've been pregnant, I tend to speak up more. Besides they shouldn't have been allowed to argue in front of the store. If the girl's mom works there I would speak to the manager, and explain to him/her what went on while you were there.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 6:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i would have said "excuse me, theres no need to get violent with me"
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i would have said something and if I didn't get the response I liked I would be dragging their asses into the store and telling the mom to get off her ass and be a parent.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008