Temporary legal guardianship while we are away?

What sort of legal documents or arrangements should I be aware of - as my husband and I will be out of the country for two weeks and my in-laws will be taking care of my 8-month old baby?

PeanutJordanMom

Asked by PeanutJordanMom at 4:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• I called and asked my mom that question. When we were younger they would go on mission trips. So while they were gone they left temp custody papers for our caretaker. And they also left a will just in case something did happen that way there was no arguement on where we were suppose to go. She said to make sure that the person can take care of all medical decisions and has a copy of the ins cards. Hope this helps! Have fun on your trip
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I leave a will and a notorized statement that they full authorization to have them treated for anything medical that may happen.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would say draft a full power of attorney, with permission for them to decide what happens should you get hurt or ill, for them to draw money out of your checking account should you get hurt or ill(if you trust them), get your daughter medical treatment, if needed, and a will stating where your daughter goes.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2008