Do you let your babysitter spank?

Obviously, if you do not believe in spanking, you don't, and I respect that. I don't need to be told repeatedly that you don't spank, so you would never let someone else spank your child.

SheilaErin

Asked by SheilaErin at 11:26 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• no i wouldnt.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I would never let anyone spank my child. Oh hell no!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• NO WAY!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Oh my gosh NO! Everyone has different definitions of spanking, so I'd be afraid of the babysitter getting carried away and beating my child. When my dd's did see a babysitter, I told her to put the older one in time out if she misbehaved. IMO nobody has the right to spank someone else's child.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:31 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My babysitter was and is usually my mom and she has my permission to spank if needed. She has never done it though. Like most grandmothers, she spoils her instead!
    If it were anyone else, I don't think I would.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I have no problem with spanking but I would never let my kids go to a baby sitter! lol!

But if they did, I would let the sitter use whatever form of punishment she felt was needed - assuming it wasn't abuse.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I am a day care provider and I have permission to spank these guys and I can't do it. I find other things for them to do. ( I should add that this is my son's best friend and his mother is my best friend) If "L" is being bad enough, he has to do my son's chores for them day, which is never a ton of things but it makes him think twice and since Feb, he has only had to do this twice! His mother loves it, because he has chores at home too and that means he has done double for the day. Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time! :) She knows that I am not beating the crap out of him and he is not getting away with being awful at my house. Works for us, but not everyone is as close as we are.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Absolutely NOT!!!
    SolitaryParent

Answer by SolitaryParent at 12:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son has never been with a babysitter and I don't plan on leaving him with anyone but my mother, but NO, I would not allow them to spank my child. If someone ever hits my child, they're going to get hit by me!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No one is allowed to spank our children. My mom asked if she could while babysitting. It was because she really has no other way of disciplining, but I am proud of her now for finding ways to engage instead of just spanking. She almost never babysits though, so, non-issue.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2010