Anyone know anything about Termite treatment???

We had our house treated for termites about 18 months ago using the chemical...Termidor. It's supposed to be the most effective treatment option out there now. The problem is, I found some insects in some of the holes left by the original termites from almost 2yrs ago. These bugs didn't look like termites...they almost looked like black ants. I was wondering if anyone knew how effective Termidor is AND if it's possible I messed up the Termidor treatment when I planted flowers along the house. Did I break the barrier??? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't know anything about Termidor, as we used Sentricon and it was extremely effective against the termites, but I can tell you that the empty termite tunnels can be very attractive to other insects. We had ants move into the terminte tunnels and had to treat for those after the termites were eliminated.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We have Termidor also. We have to have an annual termite inspection or it voids the Termidor warranty (according to our pest control company). If we were to suspect that we have termites, we are supposed to call the pest control company out and they will handle it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010