Is this normal???

I called the doc friday and told them im prego and they didnt have an apt till Aug 31 i'll be 12 weeks 2 days. Isnt that kinda late for a first apt??

TPT420

Asked by TPT420 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mine did the same thing.....I think it's annoying. the earliest they got me in was 8wks
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• You can always shop around for another doctor or midwife. My first appointment was at 5 weeks and I was seen 2 days after I called. I have a midwife though.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• My first appointment was around then, and it turned out fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Most doctors wait until the 12 week mark. Unless you are high risk or have history of miscarriage, there is really no reason to be seen before then. Start taking prenatal vitamins and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 12 weeks is normal. There is no reason for you to go in earlier (and you can even go in later) unless there is a problem, like bleeding.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 10:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2010