Mayo has a racist commercial!

There is a stereotype that states that only white people like mayo. (watch Undercover Brother if you want a reference) I just saw a mayo commercial where a white woman is giving a black couple a sandwich with mayo on it and they liked it. The commercial closes by saying,"This project has been brought to you by Mayo." Do you think it's racism or a coincidence?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• i think they were playing on the stereotype. that doesnt mean racism, more like smart advertising
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree, but don't you think that some people may take offense to that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i dont see any racism in that.. really , i mean come on !!
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• how do people take that as racist! Are you serious!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• So damned if you do, damned if you don't? If a company doesn't use minorities in their commercials, then they're racist and don't care about minorities, but if they do use them then they're racist? Jeepers, why the hell is everyone so damned touchy!?!?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• By the way, I have never in my life heard of black people not liking mayo. In fact, I recall seeing a Duke's mayonaise commercial recently that has a black man talking about how he likes Duke's for his potato salad recipe. Is that racist too?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:10 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have never heard of that particular stereotype so no I don't think the commercial is racist.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Why? It was just saying they liked the sandwich better that way.
    Now if it was being racist then have a pork sandwich with mayo being given to a Jewish family and saying they like it. That would be wrong.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 12:23 AM on Jul. 22, 2010