loosing weight and eating healthier

ok so i just want to hear some good ideas on how to loose some weight and even recipes and whatnot for healthier eating but heres the catch exercise has to involve 3 kids age 7 4 and 2 and the kids will have to like the food also so i am stuck other than walking with the lil ones in a stroller and my oldest on his bike oh and also if i get to hot i will have an asthma attack

momof4onesApup

Asked by momof4onesApup at 12:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Get some hula hoops, they're only a couple bucks each and come in sizes for adults down to the small kids. Push your furniture back and have at it. :-) The better you get, the more calories you burn and it's something kids like.

Just stock up on fruits and veggies and snack on those throughout the day. Have smaller meals/snacks all day rather than 3 big meals, it keeps you energized.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i have forgotten how to hula hoop i tried it and just couldnt do it anymore lol and so as far as meals does it matter what it is that i eat as long as it is smaller portions? because i love the flavors of the food thats bad for u lol
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yeah, smaller portions can help wonders! Just use a smaller plate. Either a kid plate, or one of the saucer type (not the tiny cup ones, but the other kind).
    I can't hula hoop either, but I get my heart rate going just trying to keep it up, plus all the laughing is healthy!
    It's good to give yourself some of the good stuff. If you totally deprive yourself, you'll make it only so far then give in and eat the whole cake. Just try to stop yourself from going too far, limit the portions.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• ok i will try the little plate thing and i have started having fruits and veggies as snacks an occasional snack cake just when i feel i need somethin chocolatey lol and i willl have to get some hula hoops im sure the kids will do way better than me lol
    momof4onesApup

Comment by momof4onesApup (original poster) at 12:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are putting yourself on the gain/lose rollercoaster; hard on your body and frustrating. To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.
    I have a ton of recipes that are simple, tasty, family and budget recipes; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010