For moms whose kids read or are reading the Twilight series and you haven't...

since the movies are nearing the fourth novel, do you know the content of the book and the maturity level of it? if you have read it, do you think it should still be viewed as a teenie bopper movie/novel? and can you imagine what some parent's reactions will be when they find out all it contains? how much do you think will be put into the last movies(s)?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they shouldnt leave anything out of the movies. Maybe parents need to filter or look at what their children are reading watching etc before sending them on their way.

with that being said i dont think breaking dawn is bad. i remember them getting married and they have a baby. thats life... most teens tweens w/e know that it takes a male and a female to have a baby.

but even if you don't agree with me, i still think the movies should contain what the book does as much as they can and parents need to BE PARENTS and check and look into what their children do read, watch etc.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't know about that one, I'm not really keeping up. But my sister wanted one called Eclipse or something, it may have been a different one. I was going to get it at the bookstore for her birthday, but the lady that worked there advised against it, said it went into detail about them getting married and all the "grownup stuff after" as she put it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• the movies and the books are different stories really. the reading and content is teen writing. most teens can read and handle porn novels for crying out loud. LOL i just think the writing is the worst i have ever read. and could not even finish the first book. first book in my life i gave up trying to read. that bad.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• eclipse is the third novel, Breaking Dawn is the 4th. and yes, it has some very adult content. i love it! but i wouldn't let my dd read it or watch it until she is old enough to "get it"
    nickellmomof2

Comment by nickellmomof2 (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010