how do u get a 33 month old child to potty train?

My daughter is almost 3 years old and i just cant get her to potty train. I ask her if she needs to go potty and i tell her to go potty but she still pees and poops on herself. What do i do?

srh_carlisle

Asked by srh_carlisle at 4:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My lil girl was a lil over 3 when I finally got her potty trained. What finally got her excited to potty was a sticker chart. I hung it bout eye level for her in the bathroom & every time she made it to the potty she got to put a sticker on the chart. After a couple wks she lost interest in the chart but was already in the habit of goin to the bathroom. And every wk when we went grocery shopping she got to pick out a new pack of character panties for not having any accidents. Within 3 or 4 wks she quit having accidents. Hope you find something that works for you.
    bbmandyp

Answer by bbmandyp at 5:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my boys were 2 when they potty trained, my oldest always wanted to use the big boy potty, so i got the over the toilet potty seat top that you sat on our toilet. Anyway, i put a rewards chart in the bathroom and he loved getting stickers for pottying. my youngest turned 2 in February and he wasnt as easy. i started using the pullups, he would just go in them, clearly not ready, i gave him more time, and then in June i said Forget it! I am not spending money on Pullups for you to just pee in them, so... I took him out of the Pullups and put him in underwear lol, the next month he was potty trained he knew mommy was not playing. Yeh occassionly he has accidents but hey, he knows how to go to the bathroom on his own, etc. Just make it fun, get her books, videos, etc, i put a basket of books next to my youngest when he was in the little potty now he uses the big boy potty. Make sure you reward her EVERYTIME she goes by herself
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2008