diarrhea?

They say that diarreah can be a symptom of early labor. How many days does it happen before labor? Or hours?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that's actually a myth. most women don't get diarrhea before labor
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Gross but I did with my first two. In fact, with my first baby, I called in sick to work that day because I thought I had the flu. Finally it occured to me that the the cramping and the bathroom visits seemed to be occuring in waves. I started timing and after a couple of hours, the contractions (cramping) were 5 min apart and the bathroom visits stopped. I went in to the doctor, I was 3cm dialated and sent to the hospital. 2 1/2 hours later, my daughter was born! The whole thing took 5 hours 40 minutes. The same thing happened with my second, he was born 6 hours 28 minutes later and with my third, I was induced and it went so fast that the epidural didn't even work in time! Good luck and congrats to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• That isn't a myth. you stomach is contracting, there fore messing up your bowels.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2010