Whats wrong with me?

I love my husband. I really do. But there are times where I wonder if i missed out on things. He was my first serious boyfriend. I lost my virginity to him.
But there are days, moments when I wish i had waited, that I had date more. It drives me crazy to think this way because I do love him. We have a child together. Just wondering if others have felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I think everyone at one point, no matter how happy they are, has had a moment where they wonder what could have been and if the grass is greener and all that. We are human after all. But let me just say, wondering about what could have been and wondering about the grass being greener is not worth your time. If you have a man that is good to you and loves you make the best of it. Every relationship has its ups an downs, but being committed and working on your marriage and happiness is worth it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My mother held this thought and still does somedays! She has been married to my father for 26 years and has days of "regret" I guess you would call it. I have read a book that helped me to understand what God intended for marriage and specifically as a wife what I should do. Its called "Created to be His HelpMeet" by Debbie Pearl. I have had other partners and let me tell you it creats many many other issues in my marriage and for a long time kept me from getting as close to my husband as I wanted to be! I felt horrible that parts of me were not his but someone elses. I have shared this with my mother who has a hard time believing me that it creates problems, she is skeptical about my marriage often, but my parents have pulled together so much inthe last couple of years. Believe me the grass is ALWAYS greener on the otherside! And when you get to the otherside you cant turn back!
    busymartinmama

Answer by busymartinmama at 1:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have been dating my kids daddy since high school, and never been on a date but with him. Now I have 6 kids and my life seems like its over. So i know exactally how u feel.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do think it's normal. It's the whole "The grass always seems greener on the other side." That doesn't mean that it is greener or even that it should be greener. Human curiosity.
    Mommy2Max217

Answer by Mommy2Max217 at 1:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think that's normal, I wouldn't worry so much :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sometimes. He's not my first by far, but he's the first man to really accept me for who I am, weight issues and all. Sometimes I wonder if anyone else out there would accept me now that I don't have those issues. But you know, if they didn't want me then, I certainly wouldn't want them now. I've got a great man (though he can be a pita at times, LOL) and I'm not about to do anything to lose him.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes, I think it is normal at least at some point in our life I think every one wanders about the ''what if''', If you love your hubby and you are sure about it, dont feel bad because sometimes you think that way.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 3:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Absolutely nothing is wrong with you! However, as an adult we have to put away foolish thoughts. If I, could I, would I died when didn't was born. Take such thoughts to whatever Higher Power you believe in and devote your mind, body and soul to your marriage and children. The other side always looks greener until you get there. Once there, you've opened Pandora's box and it's hard to shut or be forgiven.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Can't say that I have.
    DessC

Answer by DessC at 10:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010