How do i gain weight? adult content

I started having gallbladder problems right after DS#2 was born 7 months ago. I'm 5'1" and I was 140lbs. In the last few months I can't STOP losing weight. I now am 103lbs and my sz 1 jeans are HUGE on me. My GI dr said that I look fine and don't need to worry til I'm 95lbs, then he'll try me on some meds that'll help. Losing All that weight and bmi has is scaring my DH. He's afraid to have sex w/ me now since he weighs 270lbs and 5'11". DH wants me to cut my EBF off cold turkey. Whatever I eat sends sharp stabbing pain. I'm out of ideas now on how to gain weight. Anyone know?

ajmfmommy

Asked by ajmfmommy at 1:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• If it was JUST the weight thing, with your weight and height you have a a body mass index of 19.5. An adult with a body mass index between 18.5 and 24.9 is considered to have a healthy bmi. Your hubby's BMI is over 31, which is considered obese but that's another point.

What you can go is add protein to your diet if you haven't. Drink like protein shakes and such. Body builders do it when they are trying to add weight. Also upping the amount of healthy fats you eat.

kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would find a new doctor! Do you still have your gallbaldder or did you have it taken out?
    To gain weight I would try to get in as much low fat but high calorie foods as you can.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Um, I would also suggest a new doctor...what's your BMI? Have you checked to see if you're underweight...you can calculate your BMI and find out if you're underweight on livestrong.com as well as other places...it's not healthy to be underweight so if I were you, I would find a different doctor and possibly a few consultations with dietitions/nutritionists...

My suggestion for gaining weight...hmm, healthy carbs, whole wheats, grains, pastas, etc...and high protein, low fat foods...and lift some weights...not cardio, use weight machines, they'll add bulk and put that food to good use:-)
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• U may need to get a secong opinion.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 1:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i still have my gallbladder because the US & HIDA show NO gallstones but its running too high? At first dr said get it out but now he wants to leave it. I'm run down w/ all these drs but no answers of why. I have seen 6 drs so far but none of them can agree as to what to do. I lost too much weight where you can count all my ribs and my D cup is an A.
    ajmfmommy

Comment by ajmfmommy (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010