I really should be sleeping...

Any one else just didn't sleep after they had a baby ??? Even though you want to your just kinda restless? I dont have baby blues or anything I only cried once in the hospital because of joy not because of sadness... But I just want to do things when my two children are sleeping now, and just getting atleast 5 hours a night is good enough for me...

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 1:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i feel the same way, it's like my me time after the kids are asleep, i don't go to bed until around midnight or later.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Oh, I didn't realize what time it was until I saw your post!!!! No wonder my dogs are trying to get inside; it's 12:27 central ... nite nite!
    SouthernLady7

Answer by SouthernLady7 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do that and I have no baby. When the house is quiet I do My best work :)
    Princess223

Answer by Princess223 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• With my first kid, I never quite got the hang of "sleep when the baby sleeps". By the time I realized it was safe for me to lay down and rest, he would wake up.

With my second, it's just not possible. To paraphrase a friend, "Regarding caring for a preschooler and newborn: Sometimes it's great, and sometimes it's like trying to protect a crying ham from a baboon." When she's asleep, I have to be awake to make sure her big brother doesn't try to poke her eye out or stick his fingers up her nose.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2010