question?

Does anyone here have thyroid problems? I went to the doctor and they did some blood work and my thyoid came back lower then its suppose too. They took some more blood and said to come back on the 28th of this month and they will tell me what they are going to do to treat it... What did they do to you to treat or help yours? Im scared.. I have had all the symptoms.. Tell me about yours.. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• Most of the time they will check it again and if it still comes back low, they will put you on a drug, such as Synthroid. The process of medicating the thyroid condition is a sort of confusing. They have to continually monitor it to make sure they are adjusting the drug as needed. It's not something they can cure. They can only control it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yep. I have hypothyroidism. I take Synthroid to regulate it. It took awhile to find my correct doseage and I have to have it checked yearly to make sure it's still the proper doseage. Not a big thing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010