broken window

My kids told me that a person we know pretty well, admitted to not only stealing from us, but also breaking a window of ours. They just told me this tonight and I don't know what I should do. I was also told that a kid was talking to a friend of thiers, someone whom I have forbidden my kids to hang out with,that this kid said he was gonna steal my kids bikes. I know who the kid is he's going to be a freshman,this kid has been caught stealing before but the kid has never had charges pressed against him or told his parents. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• press charges against the kid.. if he admitting to the theft to your son, you have a confession. If nothing else, it may scare him.. he may also turn in his "friend" for the other thefts thus not only helping your neighborhood get rid of one Theif.. but maybe helping another reform.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Call the cops, if there is an opportunity to press charges - PRESS THEM!!! He will just continue to go on as he is if he is not caught and will end up doing far worse if not caught early. Now he's s juvie, in a few years.....he won't be. And the cops need to be the ones that handle telling his parents.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• OMG !!!!

It is so hard being a teen, and worse being a teen mom.

At school, this comes back to bite them ...
    "Your mama, did this ? AAAAGGGHHH!!!!"...

Do what you have to girl-friend, then back your kids up at school also.

Teens are mean today :( .

Praying for ya.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010