son's father difficult to please

I don't know wht to do anymore to help keep him happy. My son lives with me and his father live in another city 1hr away. He wasnt there during my pregnancy. I do everything, his dad helps out financially 20% of the time. I have to go get my son father half way when he comes to visit for a weekend b/c he doesnt have a car. He doesnt spend QUALITY time with my son, so my son who is 12mths thinks his dad is a stranger and doesn't want his dad to touch him at all. Is it wrong that i wont let my son go stay with his father for a week? Is it wrong that I didn't name my son after his fatherlike his father wanted? (I wanted my son to have his own identity). these are the things his dad throws in my face all the time. he says thats "your son" i never can have a say so in anything pertaining to him! its so stressful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I can't think of a nice way to say "why are you worried about pleasing an ass like that"  Yes, it is important that your son have a good father figure. A relationship would be wonderful. I don't believe in naming sons after their fathers. They do need their own identity! Tell him that. Stand up to the little boy who fathered your baby and ask him when the H he is going to grow up and act like a dad! If he wants a relationship with his kid he should come to where the kid feels safe. Not drag him into unknown territory. The baby comes first.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 10:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I personally feel like a man isn't a father until they can prove they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't see why he should have the right to have the baby for a whole week if not even the baby want's to stay with him, or he does not make any efforts for you to trust him with your son, I hope you find the answer to your question and good luck!
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 3:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• if he doesnt act like a father, he isnt one.
    pookah1203

Answer by pookah1203 at 7:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010