child support in NC

How do I go about having my daughter's father up for child support? If he doesnt work but attend college fulltime will I still be able to recieve child support from him? i am so scared to have him up for child support in fear that he will try to do joint custody but I think i deserve help from him? what were your experiences...and anyone in NC can u let me know the steps to take.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• are you getting any state aid at all?they usually have a child support depaartment to help do this
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Contact child support enforcement

http://www.dhhs.state.nc.us/dss/cse/docs/Application_Instructions.pdf

If he has the money to attend college full time, he should be able to put some money towards his child. Plenty of people go to college and work. Custody and child support have nothing to do with one another. If he hasn't had a relationship with her up until you request child support, that will speak volumes to the custody court should he try to get any type of visitation (although as her father, he is legally entitled to spend some time with her)

Answer by missanc at 8:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2010