swing..how old?

How old was your baby when you stopped using the swing? Mine DD is 3 months old and I can't get her to nap during the day unless she is in the swing. I am afraid of the day I have to stop using it...how am I going to get her to nap????

jet360

Asked by jet360 at 2:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when she is too big she will transition as all kids do. she wont like it. the first few days will be rough on you both. but you can get her there trust me. she will learn to nap without the swing.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I still had mine in their swing at 3 months old. Thats how my middle child slept at night. She wouldnt sleep in her bed or ours. I would just keep her in it til shes too big. Or you could slowly transition her into something else.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 3:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• hmm.. i think like.. 6-7 months my dd stopped using hers
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My oldest and my youngest both stopped using the swing around 10 months. My middle child however absolutely loved the swing and was in it until he was 18 months. It is a good thing he is small and we have one of the cradle swings so I think he fit in it better than a regular one. That is the only place that he would sleep, he hated the crib. At 18 months we got him a toddler bed because he sister was coming (when he was 20 months) and I started telling him he was too big for the swing. I would have been lost without the swing when hew as little.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My oldest stopped using his swing around 8-9 months. They all come with a weight limit and a child really shouldn't use one once they have the strength to get out of it, it can be dangerous.

My younger child never really liked the swing so we stopped using it with her around 3 months.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Don't worry! My DD slept in her swing for almost every nap (either the swing or on me in the Moby Wrap) and when she got older she had no problem transitioning to napping in her crib (starting at about 6 mo). By about 10 months she was not using the swing at all.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010