why do people say my happiness is fake because of being a single mom?

I get that often from other single women but not many. I am completely happy with my life. Divorcing a really mean man & rather do it alone than deal with him. I get negative feedback when I talk about being proud I can do it on my own & it makes me confident. I personally think the women who hate that are just jealous they arent happy about it.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 3:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• They ARE jealous! because they aren't happy either in their marriage or being a single mom themseleves. It IS a hard job, but it is sometimes harder when you're in a difficult marriage. Raising a kid means having parents that are completely there and that have a healthy relationship between the two of them...if there is a parent that is not completely there as a parent role model and/ or is not in a healthy relationship with the other parent, then that person can not be a good parent. So now that you are rid of your distraction and whatever it is with that relationship that was keeping you from being the best parent you could be, you are ready to rock and roll being a kick ass parent! Good for you!
    Jacquelinesmama

Answer by Jacquelinesmama at 1:33 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• Well I am proud for you! It is a good thing you are confident! You have the strength many don't have and wish they do. . . I agree they are just jealous. But good for you! You should be happy, there is nothing wrong with that :)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Don't allow them to live in your head rent free! There's no substitute for experience or a set price for peace of mind! They have a right to be right where they're at. You have a right to celebrate your newfound freedom and peace of mind! I'm proud of you! I too thoroughly enjoy my freedom AND peace of mind. It's an inside out job!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Misery loves company! Unfortunately people have a way of trying to rain on others people parades. Keep being happy. Keep smiling. Keep shining.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 4:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Some seem to think you have to have a man in your life to be complete them. I am a single mom and in most cases I am glad I didn't have to argue abou my ideas about raising kids and I was able to name them wha I wanted the only thing i missed was the inancial help if you don't ned it tha kudos to you but i didn't even get child support. so be happy and forget te haters n life.
    dynameteduck

Answer by dynameteduck at 3:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• most people are jealous of someone who makes your choice and is secure in it. they are miserable in thier own lives and seek to sabotage your happiness. dont listen . you are doign great
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• it's sad actually cuz that means they aren't able to be happy alone, they aren't comfortable enuf with themselves to be alone; it's been said that if u can't be happy alone then u can't be truly happy cuz happiness comes from within...
    MsUnicorn80

Answer by MsUnicorn80 at 4:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well, they are obviously stupid. How can anyone know about the validity of another person's happiness in the first place? I've never heard anyone say anything of the sort before in my life.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Fake it till you make it, is usually a good rule in a misserable suitation. Perhaps these women see or expect a fakeness and is pointing that out.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When people think of happiness, they often refer to fifties where there were 4 to a household and the man worked for his family and gave them everything, while the wife worked at home. Between the two of them they were able to create a well working team and everyone was happier for it. (this is where the violins stop and reality strikes). I believe that anyone, no matter where they are in life, can be happy. If you are happy on your own, I believe it. I know that a person does not have to have a "significant other" to be happy. It was that way for me, for a while, then I found a great guy. Now I am just as happy with him. Keep it up, since you are happy, and just role your eyes when someone tries to force their negativity on you.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2010