bullies at church..

my 7 year old daughter is in the junior usher program at church..for the past few months a few of the
girls in the program are teasing and being mean to my daughter to the point that she dosent want to go to church any more..ive told the leader of the program on many occations about the problem but nothing has changed..should i go to the pastor?

janomoma

Asked by janomoma at 4:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, don't wait any longer. Ask that your conversation be confidential. These girls need to pratice the teachings of the church. Good luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• YES, I would go to the pastor. Obviously, the leader either could not care less, or is just to timid to approach the other girls' parents about the issue.

SPEAK UP for your child. Kids are supposed to LOVE going to all thing Church related.

Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes, I would.
    jdanielle82

Answer by jdanielle82 at 5:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i definitely woudl go to the pastor, if that fails its time to have a parent chat with these girls folks
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes I would tell the pastor, and I would remove my dd from the program until the girls leave.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Absolutely talk to the pastor. You are your child;s advocate, no one else. GL
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• YES !! Talk to the pastor ASAP !! good luck
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree! Go straight to the pastor. Bullying shouldn't be tolerated anywhere, especially in a church! Wow!
    ellagrace

Answer by ellagrace at 1:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would promptly leave that church. You are your child's advocate. Do you continue to put her in a situation where she is unprotected, abused, and hurt each time? Or do you find another safer more welcoming environment? As a parent, I choose the second. Even churches have cliques. It is quite possible the minister is not going to butt heads with the parents of these children. Churches have politics too. This is just not the best fit for your child. What created the environment where they felt it was okay to tease in the first place? They did it because they know perfectly well they can. If this were me I would go to the minister, write a letter to the administrators of that church explaining the exact nature of the situation, and then leave. My child's emotional and spiritual well being is more important than waiting for my church to do the right thing. You could be waiting a long time.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:23 AM on Jul. 20, 2010