Vacation time! Should I take the kiddos or leave them with dad?

My parents have recently started migrating to Florida during the winter. They are from Maine and I live in Virginia. My mother invited me to the Keys for a week in December. My DH doesn't want to go for some reason that he won't tell me. He offered to stay home with our girls, ages 6 and 7. It will still be a school week when I can get time off from work to go. I can either...1) Go alone and have a great time drinking with my parents and parasailing and such, 2) bring them and have great fun swimming in the ocean and showing them the manatees but be stuck in the hotel room with them alone after bedtime, or...3) not go at all and spend my vacation week at home with my family. I am 25 and have never been alone as an adult...especially not somewhere fun. Thanks for your input. I really would love my whole family to go but DH is being stubborn about it.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 4:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ok i had ot ask cause hubby and i had issues this year about vacations and doing it seperately. we had never had one together and he was really upset when i wanted to visit a friend in another state without him. he said vacation with him first then go visiting. LOL if he can handle the home front and its really no issue to him for you to go, then GO MOMMA GO. have a nice recharge you likely deserve a break and some YOU time
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'd leave the kids home with dad especially since they will be in school. They will have to make up all of that school work either before they leave, while they are gone or when they return.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 4:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• how long have you been married and have you and hubby ever taken a vacation together yet? has he gotten a vacation yet? i would say dont do this. its a bad move.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We have been married 5 years, together 10. He has already been to the Keys and I have never been to Florida. He offered to keep the girls at home the first time I mentioned I wanted us all to go to Florida. He was a SAHD for two years so I know he can handle the girls. I just can't make up my mind.
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 5:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Since your parents live in Florida now there are plenty of opportunities to take the kids there, if you want there is nothing wrong with going alone.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010