i lost my cervix plug 3days ago and not sure if i my waters broke last night i woke up with lots of fluid so i cleaned up went back to sleep and when i woke up this morning there was more (not as much) it doesnt smell like wee but could it just be that im leaking as i havent got the plug?

i always thought when you waters break it happens at once...

lucy152

Asked by lucy152 at 4:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are having any contractions? I would call the doctor and ask, better safe than sorry.

Good luck to you.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes I think it's better if you go with your doctor just so you know excatly what is going on, and you don't have to worry. Wish you the best for you and the baby.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 4:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• not reguarla contractions . thanks and will get on the phone x
    lucy152

Comment by lucy152 (original poster) at 4:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Call the doctor pronto. I would probably be heading for the hospital, if I were you.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• IF your water has broken, wait for contractions to come on and get regular. This could take 24+ hours. Don't stick anything in your vagina, drink lots of water, and check regularly to make sure you aren't running a fever. If you don't go into labor within the next 48 hours it is unlikely that your water has broken. Losing your plug would not make you leak. You may have just only peed a little and it not have a strong scent.

And from personal experience, please don't rush to the hospital. I did after my water broke without contractions and ended up with an unnecessary c-section. The only thing in my life that I regret and wish I could do all over again. I now know better, educated myself on what to do, and know to WAIT before going to the hospital if contractions aren't coming regularly. Broken water, if that's what this is, is not an emergency.
    NDFanatik

Answer by NDFanatik at 10:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Nothing has to happen at once. You might have lost the plug and not known....
    You can have your water creak and no labor for weeks, months... But you're at That Time, so it's around the corner.
    If you're working on labor and all is well, no need to intervene, so be aware of unnecessary interventions~
    Be sure nothing (including gloved fingers) goes inside the vagina!

Good luck!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Agree, ND, I also had this happen and AVOIDED an unnecessary cesarean because I didn't go to the hospital. ;-)

Glad we're both here to share our experiences~~
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would go to your doc. The water can leak out very slowly..And after your water is broke, they want the baby out in 24 hours in my state atleast.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Call your doctor. If your water did break, they will want you to go to the hospital right away. They will usually deliver your baby within 24 hours of your water breaking to prevent infection.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 2:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Be aware:
    "They" are not always practicing health & safety which is why a mom must be careful to *not* rush anything unnecessary after ROM.

* There is no magical infection hour. *

If a mom & baby are safe & healthy AND not getting a cervix check, it can be a safe week or two or more before labor.

A LOT of inductions end in cesareans. Avoiding unnecessary intervening is VERY important if you want to be as safe as possible.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2010