How can I fix dry wall?

My daughter picked at the thin first layer of drywall under the paint. There isnt a deep hole or anything, but you can see where she did it. I was wondering if this is something I can fix myself fairly easily or not.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• drywall can be fairly easy to fix. Just run to a hard ware store and get some DAP spackle and a spackle knife and fine sandpaper. the size of the knife depends on the size of the spot. Then, just smooth the spackle over the area, trying to get it as smooth as you can to the regular wall. Let dry. I usually get the DAP that is purplish pink but turns white when it's dry. When dry, sandpaper it down until it is completely as smooth as the wall. Then repaint!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The only thing I have to add to layh41407's instructions is, wipe the dust off with a damp cloth or you'll have dust in your paint.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well, you can put puddy over it, sand that, then repaint the wall. Should look good as new.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Spackle (as layh41407) notes above ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010