Would you name your kid La-a?

It is pronounced Ladashay. No joke my friend taught a kid with that name and it just makes me wonder what people will come up with next.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Baby Names

• Doesn't that fall into the category of "slap yo mama" awards? LOL! Wow. What a thing to do to a kid. That's terrible.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Um, no I wouldn't.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I like the pronounciation of the name, I would name her that name and spell it out the way it is pronounced....(that way she will not have to tell people always how to pronounce her name).
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 7:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, when she fill out any legal documents, they will think that her first name is La and her middle name is A because of the dash. Poor kid, nothing like making life even more difficult than necessary :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• no i don't like it. i have heard of it as le-a pronounced luh-dash-uh. don't like that either. i don't like it even if it's spelled out, and especially with the "-"
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No. How do you get Ladashay out of La-a?
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Figured it out. Its actually spelt like Ladasha or La dash A. A quick google search does wonders I suppose. What an awful name!!!!!!
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Umm...no, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• did you know ? there was actually a judge in florida that ordered some parents to change their childs name cuz it was considered abuse? they had conceived her while on vacation in hawaii and named her (NO JOKE) "onedayinhawaii" .. that was her first name!
    I think people think that naming their child is a popularity contest .. "who can be more creative?" "who can most original?"
    they dont think about what the kid is gonna go through in school... having to spell their name or explain it .. its unfair!
    so, no! I would not name my child that!!

Alysgrowth

Answer by Alysgrowth at 12:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Ugh on the name - "slap yo moma" awards - that is funnny!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2010