Is this the right time?

We're thinking about having a second baby, but I want to make sure that we're ready first. My DD is 15 months old. I'm a stay at home mom to her, and we have a good time playing every day. My DH comes home to dinner and relaxing, I'm able to keep the house clean and enjoy spending time with my DD. (I worked the first 6mon of her life, so this is a change, and our lives were very stressful then). My DH has always wanted two kids (a girl and a boy... but I told him you don't get to choose gender). I'm just wondering if now is an okay time to start trying.. or if we should wait until DD is older. I want them to be close, but I don't want it to be too stressful trying to take care of two at home. I got preggo in a month of trying last time, but I have an IUD in right now, so who knows... Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• BUT .. some "sperm" advice... the sperm that carry the male gene have a lower life span but swim faster (whereas the female sperm life longer and swim slower) .. so, if you want to increase your chances of having a boy ..... have sex ON the day or ON THE DAY AFTER you ovulate ...
    this will require some family planning ... but, if you know your cycles and buy some tests, you should be fine.
    good luck
    Alysgrowth

Answer by Alysgrowth at 7:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No one can tell you when the right time is but you. I know people who didn't want two in diapers at the same time, so they delayed. I know others who had kids very close together because they didn't want diapers to be a constant part of their life for years. My younger bro is 15 months younger then I am and I am 15 months younger than my sis.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• even with a hormonal IUD .. women go right on to get pregnant with no problem (especially if you had no problems earlier) ..
    When it comes to having kids.. unless there are underlying health issues .. I think that there is no "PERFECT time" .. you just have to know it and feel it .
    Think about how enriched your family life would be with another little human? and .. if your DD is 15 months now, and you get pregnant next month .. she will be 2 years old when the new baby is born.... I think that is a great age difference and you may even be able to catch her before the terrible 2s set in and get her excited about the new baby :)
    whatever your decision .. youre right .. "you cant chose the gender" .. so dont make THAT (having a son) the only reason you want another baby ..
    Alysgrowth

Answer by Alysgrowth at 7:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• just look inside your heart. you will know when its the right time.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• They would be almost two years apart so if you feel that's what's best for your family you should go for it.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010