Is my daughter.... a pervert?

i recently caught my 13 year old daughter watching, surfing, and masturbating to porn! I DO NOT think this is normal!.... is it?? I thought that it was boys that watched porn at this age. is this normal in anyway??? how do i confront her??? please do not reply with the "she's just curious"- this response is NOT helpful in any way, shape, or form.- thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Your Daughter is a normal teenage girl she just has urges and masturbation is a normal thing to do
    babyboy123

Answer by babyboy123 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree with babyboy123.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 5:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think it is normal, you should sit her down and discuss her feelings and if she has any questions, dont be judgmental bc that will only make her keep secrets.
    Jade89

Answer by Jade89 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• A lot of girls that age have already had sex. I was masturbating at 13. Never with porn( i didn't have access), but I would rather my children be doing that than having sex. I had sex with a girl when I was 14 and then had sex with a guy when I was 15. Have the sex talk if you haven't already but don't make her feel gross or dirty. Don't confront her about this. Just talk to her about sex and boys. Keep the lines open and she will come to you later about it when she needs to.
    Anonymous

• why confront her? so you both feel completly ackward?!...its not like she's snorting cocaine. As long as she's diddling herself and not getting screwed by a c0(K
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 5:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree that children at certain ages become curious about themselves. The thing that I am worried about is the porn that she is accessing. For that young of a mind we really don't want to be putting any misconceptions about sex and how it is in the "real" life. I would simply address the porn situation not the masturbation issue. Don't let her know that your embarrassed about it. You want an open communication line and here is the first step to obtaining it.
    kelleymagee

Answer by kelleymagee at 5:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• masturbation is normal

the way she is going about it may not be.  I think you should have a talk with her about it and maybe.  She could be speaking with others online.  Arousal for females tends to be emotional and mental make sure she's not talking to some 50 year old who is typing her sweet nothings.

If your still scared and don't know who to turn to, see a sex phyciologyist.  They specialise in questions and concerns in this area.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 5:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's perfectly normal. Girls have the same urges as boys. Would you have rather caught her fucking some guy? I started masturbating at that age and I didn't have sex until I got married to my husband. I think it'll help her keep her virginity.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You will have to talk to her about it. But, there are book that you can purchase about the body and masturbation.
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Masturbation is completely normal for someone her age. If she likes porn, she likes porn and there's nothing wrong with her for liking it just because she isn't a boy.
    She's not perverted and you confronting her about it in the condescending way you're asking this question is just going to make her feel ashamed. You need to first: KNOW that she is NORMAL. Then, you need to let her know she is normal.
    Anonymous