How do YOU go back to sleep after a particularly horrifying nightmare?

It's 4:00 AM here, and I just had, like, the worst nightmare of my life. I don't know if I'll be able to go back to sleep or ever grocery shop alone again (in the nightmare I was abducted and forced into a harem, leaving my children and husband behind while I was out grocery shopping). I'm 37 weeks pregnant and EXHAUSTED all the time already, I don't need to be dealing with 4 hours of sleep on top of that when my 2 year old wakes up.

Any tips on falling back to sleep?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 7:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• i get the worst nightmares now that i'm pregnant. the other day i woke up crying. honestly, i just snuggled up to my hubby and half-asleep, he rubbed my head and told me everything was going to be okay. i'm thirty nine weeks, and i hear ya about being exhausted. i think the minute you put your head back down on the pillow, you'll pass out again. if not, a nice warm bath will help relax you. trust me, you'll be able to sleep again.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 7:44 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I usually read a funny book for a bit, until it's the book that I'm thinking about, not the nightmare.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I had awful dream with my first pregnancy. I would go read a book or watch TV that always helped me and usually I would fall asleep while reading or watching the TV. With time I was able to 'get over" the nightmare...you will too...G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• To be Honest I Pray......
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I usually turn on the lights, and go back to sleep. This works for me. I just try to forget it and think about something really happy. Good luck getting back to sleep :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 7:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I snuggle with a pillow or my husband
    CAMKsMom

Answer by CAMKsMom at 7:41 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sorry I usually get up and get busy with the day's stuff and about 2 hours later I will get tired and go back to sleep.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I wake my spouse, and he talks to me until I fall asleep

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2010