should I go to my nexp pack of BC pills?

Ive been taking ortho tricyclen low BC pills since dec 2009 .. the 28 day pack.
Up until 2 months ago, I always started my period on the 2nd or 3rd inactive (or placebo/green) pill... well.. then, 2 months ago I started on the 5th or 6th one and therefore only had like a 1 day period... weird!

well.. this month, I was late by a few hrs on one active (blue) pill ... and then the next day started bleeding with REALLY bad cramps. .... that was on cycle day 19! I have been bleeding for a week now (while still taking the active(blue) pills) ..
now, I have a delemia........... Im suppose to start the inactive(green) pills tonight .... do I start those and therefore have a period for 2 weeks? or do I go to my next pack?

what do you think? what would you do? any advice is appreciated.
Thank you

Alysgrowth

Asked by Alysgrowth at 7:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• I would call my Doctor or Pharmacist and ask.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!! Thats the first thing you need to do!
    actingout

Answer by actingout at 8:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree...id call the doctor.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I just got off the phn with my dr .. shes gonna put me on lo' overall instead of the ortho tricyclen low ...the Lo'overall has higher progesterone and the same estrogen level .. so, hopefully the progesterone will help with this breakthrough bleeding in the middle of my pack..
    Alysgrowth

Comment by Alysgrowth (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Glad you found your answer
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2010