Jodi Picoult????

I know lots of you ladies like her. I was wondering, I just finished Songs of the Humpback Whales. I wasn't overly impressed. It was a good story but slow and a little confusing, jumping around on the timeline and in different voices, not that I couldn't keep up.

Did I just choose the wrong one to start with? I'm not sure I want to read anymore of hers based on this one.

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just finished Songs Of The Humpback Whale, and I loved it. However, had it been my first one, I may not have picked up another of hers for awhile. I have read every one of her novels except for Harvesting the Heart, and I encourage you to continue. She is an amazing author. Just be prepared to have your heartstrings tugged!
    LuvMyBrennaBean

Answer by LuvMyBrennaBean at 10:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've only ever read My Sister's Keeper. It was an amazing book!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My Sister's Keeper is the only one I have read as well. I absolutely loved it (and hated it at the same time, lol) It is one of my favorite books.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 8:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• All of her writing does that! That's exactly what I love about her! I haven't read Songs of Humpback Whale. Read Change of Heart. You will fall in love!
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've only read My Sister's Keeper, but it was very good. I've tried reading her book Change of Heart, but it jumps around so much too that I just can't get into it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i haven't read that one either, but i've read my sister's keeper, and dangit i can't remember the other one. it was about a ghost. she always jumps around like that. if you didn't like it, i would recommend my sister's keeper, because it's my favorite. it WILL make you cry, and don't watch the movie, i heard it was terrible. what kind of books do you like? maybe it's just a style you don't like.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 9:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have never read that one but I have read everything else she has ever written, I LOVE her as an author. Try reading my sister's keeper maybe that one will be more to your liking,
    DessC

Answer by DessC at 10:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2010