Your thoughts?

What's your take on this quote?

"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold, but the day will come when the clouds shall be rolled away, and the Sun of Righteousness shall shine forth with healing in his wings."

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 9:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Do you mind to clarify what you're asking? Are you asking if we believe it or what?
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just asking what you think of the quote. What comes to mind when you read this quote?
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It sounds like twisted scripture to me
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Quote by Jesus from 'The Essene Gospel of Peace'

http://www.thenazareneway.com/

I don't get it... is this a demonination or what?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• That is a bible quote .... from the book of Malachi:
    Malachi 4
    Final Admonition
    1"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch."
    2"But for you who [a]fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. 3"You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts.4"Remember the law of Moses My servant, even the statutes and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel. 5"Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the LORD. continued....

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 6"He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers, so that I will not come and smite the land with a curse."
    Shaneagle777

• read in context does help.... :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• What you shared looks like two scriptures put together into one or something like that!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It sounds good....but it is just more writings by men who think they are quoting God....but they aren't.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It says to me that after God's death things were twisted in every which way and his words were misconstrued but eventually righteousness will prevail.
    bumped ya!

Answer by older at 11:08 AM on Jul. 20, 2010